- Pete Brock’s V8 Powered ’71 VW Type 2 Lists on BaT with No ReserveOctober 16, 2020This 1971 Volkswagen Type 2 panel van was purchased in 1973 by American auto and hang-glider designer Pete Brock, who subsequently repowered it with a 215ci Buick V8 with the help of George Boskoff as the last project undertaken at BRE. The truck was used as a shop rig, hang glider vehicle, and driver in California and Washington State until the late 1980s, after which it was parked outdoors for several years before being acquired by the seller, Brock’s son, in 1992. The engine is said to have been rebuilt in 2000, and is paired with a stock four-speed manual transaxle. Additional modifications include a cooling vent, a domed engine cover, roof bars, bolstered seats, all-terrain tires, and more. The van has been used for surfing, camping, and several trips to Mexico under current ownership, and was featured on an episode of Jay Leno’s Garage in November 2019. Dubbed the “war wagon” by Brock, this modified Bus is offered at no reserve with a black California license plate, an uninstalled starter, and a clean California title in the seller’s name. See the Bring-a-Trailer listing HERE for more information and to place a bid! Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- 33rd Annual ZCONApril 21, 2020Join us at the 33rd Annual ZCON! Date: September 14-19, 2020 Location: Embassy Suites, 820 Crescent Centre Dr, Franklin, TN 37067 (ZCON takes place at multiple sites throughout the week). “ZCON” is an enthusiast-focused event blending of motorsports activities, regional events and a variety of social activities. The ZCCA is a 501c entity and the ZCON event is run by volunteers to try and make your experience as memorable as possible. Peter Brock will be appearing for Thursday evening’s “Special Guest Tech Talk” at the Embassy Suites through Saturday’s car show at Nissan North America’s HQ, roughly 2 minutes from the host location. We hope to see you there! Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Virginia Festival of the WheelApril 17, 2020Join us for the Virginia Festival of the Wheel! *UPDATED* Dates: September 5, 2020 Location: The Boar’s Head Resort. 200 Ednam Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903 “[Our mission is] to present an impressive and unique display of classic and collector cars at the Boar’s Head Resort in Charlottesville, Va. Our goal for this event is to raise funds to help support the UVA Cancer Center Patient Assistance Fund. We are blessed to have in our Community one of the top 3 percent ranked Cancer Centers in the nation who treat thousands of patients each year. We aim to assist the UVA Cancer Center help those cancer patients and their families who are facing financial hardship as well as coping with the emotional and physical trauma of fighting this dreaded disease.” Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, no spectators will be permitted to physically attend the concours. This means of course that Peter Brock will no longer be attending the event, though you may be able to see him at next year’s iteration of the Virginia Festival of the Wheel! Visit the Virginia Festival of the Wheel’s website by clicking the red, underlined link at the top of this post to learn about how you can participate in the concours voting online. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- 25th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’EleganceFebruary 26, 2020Join us for the 25th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance! Date: March 5th-8th, 2020 Location: The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island 4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Amelia Island, FL Visit the Aerovault display at the 2020 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance to see what the MKII has to offer, and pick up a copy of one of Peter’s books for him to sign for you! This world-class event hosts some of the most amazing cars in the world, you never know what you’ll find gracing the green during the epic weekend of pure automotive excellence! Honoring Roger Penske and featuring cars by Harley Earl, the 25th Anniversary of this Concours won’t be one to miss. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- 18th Annual Dr. George Charity Car ShowFebruary 4, 2020Join us for the 18th Annual Dr. George Charity Car Show! Date: February 8th, 2020 Time: 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. Location: Indian Wells Tennis Garden 78200 Miles Ave Indian Wells, CA 92210 United States Visit the Aerovault display at the Dr. George car show to say hello to Peter, Gayle, and Kit! While you’re there, don’t forget to check out the Aerovault MKII on display and learn about Peter’s automotive exploits by picking up a copy of one (or both) of his books! The admission cost to the event is $5 per person for spectators, and all proceeds benefit the Desert Cancer Foundation. We hope to see you there! Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Get Social with Peter Brock
Peter Brock and the Amazing Triumph K Car
Peter Darnall did an amazing job in this article for Veloce Today on August 30, 2016 about Peter Brock and the Triumph TR 250 K. Click the image to read the full article.